Colourpop Haul!


Hey!

So a few weeks ago, Colourpop did free international shipping- which of course I had to take advantage of, right?  I've never tried any products from the brand before, so I took this as a perfect opportunity to do so. I went onto the website with the intention of trying a product or two from three main sections- liquid lipsticks, Lippie Stix and the Super Shock eyeshadows. These were the three products from the brand that I'd heard the most about, and seemed to be the most popular. Of course, not all brands/formulas/products work well on every individual, so I decided to try one or two from each and see how they work for me, before buying any more.
I ended up buying a little more than anticipated, but I'm extremely happy with it all! Shipping didn't take as long as I'd expected- around two weeks from the date I'd placed my order.
The first product I ordered was the 'On A Whim' liquid lipsticks set. I was intending to buy a few shades of the liquid lipsticks, but there were so many shades to choose from, I couldn't whittle it down. In the end, I saw this set for $18 and chose to buy it. It includes 5 miniature liquid lipsticks- for me, this was ideal- five different shades to try out for a good price (works out about $3.60 per lipstick). The first shade in the box is Magic Wand- a light nude shade. This is a perfect nude colour for me, and probably my favourite shade of them all. Next is Mess Around, a much darker brown shade. Stud is a dark cranberry shade. Toolips is a plum brown, and Dopey is a muted pink (my second favourite). The more natural shades are of course my favourite (I very rarely venture away from a nude lip) but the other colours are just as beautiful, and will look gorgeous in the autumn months. The formula seems very creamy, but dries nicely. I haven't tried them on the lips yet, so I can't comment on that, but otherwise they seem to be looking good!
Next, I bought another value set of Lippie Stix. This is the 'In A Twist' set, which was on sale for $14.40. This set included five double-ended lipsticks- with a Lippie Stix at one end, and the matching lip liner at the other. I think these are perfect to throw in your handbag on a night out, as you have both the liner and lipstick to create a look, without taking up any extra room. Despite being mini-sized, there is plenty of use out of these. The first shade is Crack Me Up, which is a pink-toned nude colour. The second is Goal Digger, a warm pink shade. Thirdly, Kapish- a warm brown shade. Next is Mirror, Mirror- a bright berry colour, before Nixed, a raspberry shade. All of these are lovely shades, with a high pigment pay off. The super creamy formula makes them comfortable on the lips and easy to wear.
I then looked at the eyeshadow section. I'd heard a lot about the Super-Shock eyeshadows, so decided to pick out three shades from the range. There was an offer at the time- 3 for $10, if I remember correctly. I chose 'La La', an ultra-glitter copper shade, 'Hanky Panky', a matte beige shade, and 'Valley Girl', a satin holographic gold shade. For the price- I was surprised by the amount of product I received- I think they're great value for money. When switched, I was also shocked at how creamy the shadows were- almost a cream to powder formula! With an amazing colour pay-off as well, you can't go wrong! I was very impressed with these eyeshadows, and can't wait to use them properly!


Finally, as a last minute decision, I added a Super Shock highlight to my basket, in the shade 'Stole The Show'- a beautiful light gold colour. As shown in the swatches, this highlight can be built up if required, or a single swipe will give a gorgeous glow! It seems to be the same formula as the eyeshadows, so again very creamy.  This was priced at $8, which I thought was very reasonable.


Well, thats the end of my Colourpop haul! I was very impressed with every item I picked out, and I'm keeping my eyes out for another free International shipping offer!

Thanks for reading!

M x

Comments