LoveMeBeauty- May Edition



Hiya!

I've been subscribed to LoveMeBeauty for quite a few months now. It is a subscription box service, but it works slightly different to Birchbox or Glossybox, in that instead of receiving a random selection of items, you receive instead 60 credits to spend in the online store on items of your choice. You can also buy add-on credits if theres items you want but haven't got enough credits to choose, and gain credits by referring friends.
Now I know I'm a bit late in writing this post, since we are now in June, but I will have a follow-up post of my June bag coming very soon.
In all honesty, I find the service a bit hit and miss- some months are great and there are some amazing products to choose from, others aren't so great, with items repeatedly cropping up or a lack of high end or well known brands in the selection. Last month was fairly average. I picked four items from a brand called Manna Kadar- a brand I had not heard of previously (maybe I've been living under a rock?!). I picked two liquid lipstick shades (Sienna and Shae), a primer sample and a liquid highlight sample. The lipsticks are lovely nude shades, which I am actually very pleased with. I also chose a Bare Minerals Lash Domination Mascara sample.


In general, I love the fact that the subscription arrives in a makeup bag, rather than a box. I think this is a really cute idea, since you can reuse the makeup bags and every design I have received has been lovely. There tends to be a lot of high end brands such as Kat Von D, Laura Mercier, Bare Minerals and Makeup Forever, which was a massive selling point for me when I first signed up. 
However, as the months have progressed I have noticed it seems to be the same sort of products which are appearing, and this month the makeup bag design didn't even change. 
Overall, I think it is good value for money- only about £14 per month including postage, but I do think some months are better than others.
If you'd like to have a look at the current 'Edit', head over to lovemebeauty.com and decide for yourself! I have had some amazing samples from there in the past! If you do decide to join, feel free to use my referral code: MOLLI530 to bag us both some extra credits!

Thankyou for reading, I hope you enjoyed this short blog post. Let me know if theres anything in particular that you'd like to see featured on my blog, I'm more than happy to take recommendations and requests.

Love,
M x

Comments